The one leg stand is a great balance exercise. It's fun, simple and there are endless variations to make it more interesting, fun and challenging.
Follow along with this short (3-minute) video now!
When doing your one leg stand:
- Stand up tall (imagine there is a string pulling you up through the top of your head)
- Keep your body in alignment when you transfer your weight onto one leg (don’t let your hips or upper body shift sideways)
- Do this exercise next to something you can hold onto for support
- Keep your foot firmly planted on the floor
- A bit of wobbling is normal - it's all your small, stabilising muscles firing up and working hard. But if you feel too unsteady, please stop and try a different exercise
If you want more ideas on how to add challenge and interest to your one leg stand, take a look at this article:
More videos coming soon, with other variations and progressions for the one leg stand!
Why do you want to improve your balance? What difference do you think it would make to your life if you had better balance?
Pop a comment below this post or leave a message on our contact us page.
All material in this article and video is provided for information and educational purposes only. It is not advice and should not be relied on as such. Always consult an exercise or health professional if you have any health issues and need personalised advice. With this in mind, we hope you enjoy reading our articles and watching our videos.