Strong Foundations Classes: Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before signing up for Strong Foundations classes. By paying for or taking part in any of our classes, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Vida Wellness may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time and the current version of the Terms and Conditions will be available on our website. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit our website to review the current Terms and Conditions.
Your State of Health
If you are a new member, you will be required to fill out a registration form before taking part in your first class. We require the listed information to complete your profile and need to know important medical information about your state of health. You understand that you have an ongoing obligation to let us know immediately of any changes to your health status or any other changes to the information provided in the registration form.
To help us deliver safe, effective and enjoyable classes for all our members, we need you to work with us as follows:
- Let us know immediately of any changes to your health, if you start taking prescribed medications, or if you have been any advised by any health professional not to exercise, or to avoid any specific exercises. It is ultimately your responsibility to decide whether or not to undertake a particular exercise.
- If you are in any doubt about whether you should be taking part in the classes, or doing any specific exercise, please consult your doctor and follow their advice.
- If you have been advised by a doctor not to continue with any form of exercise due to an injury or a permanent medical reason, you agree to follow that advice and let us know.
- Take responsibility for learning what exercises are appropriate for you and your state of health. This will benefit you outside of the class and give you more confidence in being active during the rest of the week.
- Learn what exercising well means for you and make informed decisions about which exercises to do in the class. When we offer progressions for exercises, it is ultimately your responsibility to decide whether to attempt these more advanced versions of the exercise. We know that, even if your health status hasn’t changed, how you feel can change significantly from one day to the next. You know your own body and how you feel, so that’s why it is important for you to be confident making your own decisions about when to challenge yourself in class and when to take a rest.
Your Participation in the Classes
In order to make the most of the classes, we ask you to:
- Arrive at the venue promptly, so that you are all ready to start the class together at the advertised time. It is extremely important that all members take part in the class from the beginning and stay all the way through to the end.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early if you have new information to share with your instructor. This is not possible after the class has started. Please email us in advance if you think there is something that will require more discussion.
- Wear suitable clothing. Please don’t wear long skirts or any clothing which you could trip over. We also recommend wearing layers which can easily be removed if you get hot during the class.
- Wear suitable footwear (flat, securely-fitted shoes). The class cannot be performed in heels or barefoot.
- Bring water to the class with you.
- Let us know immediately of any changes to your contact details or emergency contact.
When taking part in a class, you expressly acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You understand that certain elements of the sessions can be physically demanding and that our classes are functional fitness classes, which include exercises to improve cardiovascular fitness, strength, balance, power, mobility, flexibility and coordination.
- There exists the remote possibility during exercise of adverse physical changes, including abnormal blood pressure, fainting, dizziness, disorders of heart rhythm and, in very rare instances, heart attack, stroke or even death. You further understand that there exists the risk of bodily injury, including injuries to muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints of the body.
- You are aware of the nature of the classes and the risks involved. You agree that you are physically capable of participating in the classes, and accept full and complete responsibility for your own participation.
- You will not exercise beyond your own abilities. You will exercise at your own pace at all times, and agree to only participate in the exercises which you feel comfortable performing. You will not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You will stop exercising if you experience any pain, dizziness, shortness of breath or discomfort. You will let the instructor know immediately if you feel unwell or experience pain at any time whilst exercising.
- You accept that it is your responsibility to alert your instructor to any medical condition that might interfere with you exercising safely.
- You understand that it is solely your decision to determine the type and intensity of exercise to carry out and whether or not you are fit enough to exercise. If in any doubt, you will seek and follow medical advice.
Disclaimer of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that neither Vida Wellness nor any of its instructors accept any responsibility to you for any injury (or anything else) relating in any way to your participation in our classes, including in circumstances where Vida Wellness or one of its instructors has been made aware of any condition affecting your health or has tailored a class to your particular health needs.
You understand that all liability is excluded by Vida Wellness and its instructors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
All classes must be paid for in advance and we are unable to offer refunds. If, for any reason, you are unable to attend the classes you have paid for, please contact us to let us know.
Your statutory rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are not affected by these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The contract between you and Vida Wellness is governed by English law and any dispute between us shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Company Details and Contact
Strong Foundations classes are run by Vida Solutions Limited (trading as Vida Wellness), a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 06372861 and with its registered office at 7 Castle Street, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1BH.
If you need to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.